MCRC proposals will typically support the following kinds of activity:
- Research data or benchmark archive. e.g. CRAWDAD at Dartmouth
- New community software: e.g. CAD, mobile research tools
- Maintenance of software already used by the community
- Education support for mobile computing
- Student conference sponsorships
- Open collaborative research project funding
Using the format described here, send your proposal by email to the SIGMOBILE executive committee using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals must have an a priori established SIGMOBILE Executive Committee member who is prepared to champion the proposal during the selection process. The committee will endeavor to review a proposal, and either accept, or reject a proposal within 1 month of submission.
- The proposal must be submitted by a SIGMOBILE member
- The project proposal must be judged to be of high-quality by the SIGMOBILE Executive Committee
- The project must be relevant to, and provide value for, a wide cross-section of the SIGMOBILE membership.
- An award should not exceed $20k in a calendar year.
- A proposal must be for a specified period of time, but not exceed 3 years.
- For proposals longer than one year, a 2-page report must be generated each year summarizing its achievements. Continued funding will be conditional on a positive review of the annual report by the Executive Committee.
- The project must disseminate its results to SIGMOBILE members through either the sigmobile.org website, MC2R quarterly publication, or at one of SIGMOBILE.s sponsored conferences or workshops.
- SIGMOBILE will not pay for hosting organization overhead fees, only for items that directly contribute to the project.
- Title: What is the project to be called?
- Subject matter: What is the purpose of this project?
- People: Who speaks for, and takes responsibility for this project? Who else is on the team? What are their qualifications, or track-record for carrying out this project?
- Requested Award: The total amount requested
- Duration: Will this project need on-going, continual funding? If so, how many years of seed money are being sought, and what is the plan for continuing funding?
- Schedule: When will it start and end?
- Prior work: What work has already been done in this area and how will this project build on it?
- Relevance: What SIGMOBILE membership is this project relevant to? Do they have similar projects already underway? How will they be involved?
- Potential value: What is the potential value of the proposed project to SIGMOBILE members?
- Deliverables: What will be the outcome of the project?
- Delivery vehicle: Who is the audience for this outcome? How will these people be informed of the outcome? Where applicable, how will they get access to it?
- Additional funding: Have you considered other sources of funding? Will someone match SIGMOBILE MCRC Funding?
- Dependency: What other things does the successful completion of this project depend upon?
- End-game: How will you know the project has succeeded?
Proposals should be 3 US-letter size pages typed in 10-pt Arial font. Additional supporting material such as CVs, resumes, figures or papers may be included in an appendix